- 2 lbs. sirloin strip steak (or top sirloin), cut into 1 + ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- tzatziki yogurt cucumber dip (for serving)
- Add cubed beef into a zip-loc bag Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the beef steak to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Thread the beef onto skewers, alternating with red bell peppers, red onion, and zucchini.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes and lightly brush the grill with remaining olive oil. You should notice the oil shimmer and sizzle when it’s hot and ready. Grill the beef skewers for 8-10 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature for the beef reaches 155 F. For well done beef, cook for another 1-2 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches above 160 F.
- Serve these beef souvlaki skewers with a side of Greek rice, pita bread, lemon potatoes and Greek salad. Don’t forget to slather lots of tzatziki sauce on top.