- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 7oz of Crazy Bink’s Dry Rub(click here for the recipe)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- If you have purchased skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets, you shouldn’t have a lot of trimming to do to them. Sometimes they can have a little extra fat on the edges, just trim this off with a sharp kitchen knife.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large freezer bag, then sprinkle in your dry rub while lightly rotating the chicken.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water, seal the bag and continue to rotate the bag to even out the dry rub.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for a very minimum of four hours. Overnight is ideal.
- You will need to set up a smoker for indirect low and slow. So settling the temp at 275°F is a great recommended temp for chicken. If smoking at a lower 225°F to 250°F, you do risk having to leave the chicken in for longer and the chances of drying it out will increase.
- Place the chicken breasts on the top cooking rack of the smoker and insert an internal meat probe to one of them and set a temp for 130°F.
- After an hour of smoking the internal temp should reach 130°F, at this point you need to start mopping the breasts with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Once the internal temp reaches 155°F, re-mop the breasts.
- Keep cooking and the internal temp will rise to 165°F, the perfect safe temp for chicken breast.
- Slice and serve.