- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 3 small parsnips or carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound pork shoulder, boneless and chopped
- 1 large Granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- Layer the sweet potatoes, the parsnips, the onion, the pork, and the apple in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir the flour, the salt, the sage, the thyme, and the pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the cider to the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cider mixture over the meat and the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the pork and the sweet potatoes are fork tender, about 7-9 hours on low heat.