- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, plus more for optional garnish
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pure pumpkin
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- whipped cream, optional, to taste, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, the brown sugar, the eggs, the nutmeg, the cinnamon, the ginger, and the vanilla until well-combined.
- Add the pumpkin to the milk mixture, whisking to combine.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of the melted butter.
- Evenly spread the pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the cake mix, using a spoon to gently spread the butter around and getting the butter to soak into the cake mix.
- Bake until the top is browned and fully cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with the whipped cream and the extra nutmeg.
One thought on “Pumpkin Dump Cake”
I believe other website owners should take this web site as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial layout.