- 1/2 c. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, More To Taste
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 c. Red Quinoa
- 4 c. Water
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 c. Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise8
- oz. weight Fresh Mozzarella, Cut Into Small Cubes24
- whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
- Combine olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper in a jar. Put on the lid and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Prepare the quinoa by bringing 4 cups of water to a boil, then adding the quinoa. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Pour quinoa out onto a baking sheet and spread into a single layer to cool quickly.
- Once the quinoa has cooled to room temperature, throw into a large bowl and toss in the tomatoes and mozzarella. Stir gently while adding 2/3 of the dressing. Stir in the basil. After everything is incorporated, give it a taste; add more dressing if it needs it, or reserve the rest of the dressing for another use. Add more salt and pepper if needed.