- 3 c. self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 12 oz. fluid beer, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with shortening. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir flour and sugar together. Pour in beer and stir until foaming subsides and flour is incorporated. Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 50–60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or an instant-read thermometer reads about 190ºF.
- Immediately remove from pan and set on a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Pour melted butter over the top and brush sides.
- Let bread cool for 15 minutes or so, then serve warm. Once the bread is completely cooled, it can be sliced to use for sandwiches, toasted, or served plain.