For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the salad:
- 6 ounces spinach
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roasted, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup salami, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season the chicken with the salt and the pepper.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Sear the seasoned chicken on each side in the hot oil until an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and allow it to rest, about 5 minutes.
- Thickly slice the rested chicken.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, the red onion, the tomatoes, the artichoke hearts, and the salami.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice, the balsamic vinegar, the basil, and the garlic until well-blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix.
- Arrange the sliced chicken over the salad.