- 8 pounds half ham, bone-in and spiral sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- allspice, to taste
- Trim the ham as needed.
- Place the ham in a slow cooker.
- Combine the butter and the honey in a bowl.
- Massage the honey butter over the ham, getting in between the slices a little.
- Cover and cook the ham on low until cooked through, about 4-5 hours.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Combine the sugar, the seasoned salt, the onion powder, the ground cinnamon, the ground nutmeg, the ground ginger, and the ground cloves, the paprika, and the allspice in a small bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the sugar mixture over the top of the ham.
- Place the ham on the prepared roasting pan.
- Broil the ham until bubbly and caramelized, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the ham from the oven. Leave the broiler on.
- In a small saucepan, add the remaining sugar mixture.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water or the ham juice from the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Stir the mixture on the stove top over medium-high heat to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Brush or pour the glaze over the ham.
- Broil the ham until the sauce is caramelized, about 1-2 minutes.
- Let the ham rest for 5-10 minutes.
One thought on “Honey Baked Ham”
Thanks for the guidelines shared using your blog. One more thing I would like to say is that weight-loss is not supposed to be about going on a celebrity diet and trying to shed as much weight as you can in a couple of weeks. The most effective way to lose weight naturally is by having it slowly but surely and obeying some basic guidelines which can help you to make the most from the attempt to shed pounds. You may realize and already be following these tips, although reinforcing knowledge never damages.