- 1 pound ground beef, ground pork, or ground sausage, lean
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add the ground beef.
- Cook while crumbling the meat until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked meat to a paper-towel-lined plate and drain any excess grease from the pot.
- Return the dutch oven to the stove-top and warm the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to the heated oil and sauté until they are tender and the onions are translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dutch oven away from the heat and add the cooked meat, rice, broth, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, and Tabasco sauce. Mix to combine, scraping the bottom to incorporate any browned bits of the veggies or meat.
- Return the dutch oven to the stove-top and bring the rice mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, then simmer the rice mixture until tender and the liquid has been absorbed, for about 20 minutes.
- Stir the rice mixture to combine, taste, and adjust the seasoning by adding more of the Cajun seasoning, salt, or pepper, as needed.
- Sprinkle the rice mixture with green onions and serve.
One thought on “Easy Dirty Rice”
You completed some good points there. I did a search on the issue and found mainly persons will consent with your blog.