- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 3 tablespoons New Mexican chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 cups wood chips (hickory, mesquite, or applewood)
- 4 racks pork ribs (3 pounds each)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir spices together in a medium bowl.
- About 1/2 hour before cooking time, soak hickory chips in enough water to cover. Drain chips. In a covered grill, place slow burning charcoal in both sides of a drip pan. Sprinkle coals with wood chips.
- Rub top side of each rack of ribs with about 3 tablespoons of the rub. Place ribs, bone side down, on grill. Close cover or place cover on the smoker. Grill about 1 1/2 hours, adding chips every 20 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, brush liberally with the Maple-Horseradish Glaze.
4 thoughts on “Spice Rubbed Smoked Ribs With Maple-Horseradish Baste”
You helped me a lot with this post. I love the subject and I hope you continue to write excellent articles like this.
I’d like to find out more? I’d love to find out more details.
Hello whitesmokebbq.net owner, Good to see your posts!
Simply a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style and design.