- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 3 tablespoons New Mexican chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 cups wood chips (hickory, mesquite, or applewood)
- 4 racks pork ribs (3 pounds each)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir spices together in a medium bowl.
- About 1/2 hour before cooking time, soak hickory chips in enough water to cover. Drain chips. In a covered grill, place slow burning charcoal in both sides of a drip pan. Sprinkle coals with wood chips.
- Rub top side of each rack of ribs with about 3 tablespoons of the rub. Place ribs, bone side down, on grill. Close cover or place cover on the smoker. Grill about 1 1/2 hours, adding chips every 20 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, brush liberally with the Maple-Horseradish Glaze.