- 1/2 small (about 2 lb.) head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4″ coins
- 2 ribs celery, sliced into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped/diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 c. white wine vinegar
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Combine cauliflower, carrots, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and serrano in a large bowl. Toss to combine, then pack into 3 pint-sized glass jars.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, bay leaves, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and dried oregano. Stir to dissolve salt and sugar, and bring up to a boil. When mixture is boiling, remove from heat, remove bay leaves, and pour mixture over jarred vegetables. Let cool completely, lid, and refrigerate. Giardiniera will last at least 1 week in the fridge.
One thought on “Giardiniera”
To the whitesmokebbq.net administrator, Your posts are always well written.