- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, the oil, the sugar, and the confectioners’ sugar.
- Beat the eggs into the sugar mixture until well-blended.
- Beat the vanilla into the egg mixture.
- Combine the flour, the baking soda, and the cream of tartar in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Drop the dough in small teaspoon-sized clumps onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool.
One thought on “Amish Sugar Cookies”
I really appreciate your help