- 4 cups mashed potatoes or 4 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, the sour cream, the cream cheese, the chives, and the garlic powder.
- Place the potato mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 50-60 minutes
- Top with the cheese and serve immediately.