For the tacos:
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotles
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark Mexican beer
- jalapeño ranch coleslaw, to taste
- corn tortillas, to taste
- radishes, to taste, sliced
- cilantro, to taste
- pickled jalapeños, to taste, sliced
- carrots, to taste, sliced
- lime wedges, to taste
- In a resealable plastic bag, add the adobo sauce, the hot sauce, the garlic, the Dijon mustard, the chili powder, the cumin, the salt, and the pepper.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, seal, turn to coat, and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Cook the marinated chicken in batches, adding more of the oil as needed, until brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the browned batches to a plate.
- Return all of the browned chicken to the Dutch oven and slowly add the beer.
- Bring the chicken to a simmer and cook until it has reduced slightly, about 4-6 minutes.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake in the oven until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 40-45 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and use 2 forks to shred it.
- Place the Dutch oven with the cooking juices on the stovetop over medium-high heat and simmer until it has slightly thickened, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the juices and toss to coat.
- Season the chicken mixture with the salt and the pepper.
- Serve the tacos with the jalapeño ranch coleslaw, the tortillas, the radishes, the cilantro, the pickled jalapeños, the carrots, and the lime wedges.