- 3.5 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. Saffron, ground and dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water, divided
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1.5 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
Saffron Lemon Butter Baste:
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Cut chicken into 2-inch cubes.
- Place chicken in a large shallow container and mix in onions, half the saffron water, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Coat all pieces of chicken completely with marinade
- Cover (or transfer to a Ziplock) and marinate at least 6 hours and up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Start your charcoal at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Thread chicken breast pieces close together onto metal skewers.
- In a small saucepan add butter, lemon juice and the other half of saffron water. Cook this over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Grill kabobs for 4-5 minutes on each side, basting with butter-lemon mix.
- The chicken is done when the juice running out is no longer pink.
- Let chicken rest about 5 minutes and slide off skewer.
- Serve over rice with lavash.