- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 slices stale bread, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Cook the onion in the melted butter until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the onion to a bowl.
Add the bread cubes, the cheddar cheese, the egg, the salt, the garlic powder, and the black pepper.
Roll the mixture into eight equal-sized balls.
Wrap a slice of the bacon around each of the balls, using toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
Wipe the skillet clean.
Melt the bacon drippings over medium heat.
Fry the bacon balls in the skillet, rolling constantly, until evenly crispy, about 15-18 minutes.