• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoon bacon grease, optional
• 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
• 5 ears corn, shucked and kerneled
• 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• bacon, optional, cooked and crumbled, to taste
In a cast-iron skillet on the stove-top over medium heat, melt the butter with the bacon grease.
When the butter begins to sizzle, add the chopped onions and corn. Cook until the corn tastes done, about 10 minutes.
Add the flour and stir, cooking until the raw flour smell dissipates, about 1 minute.
Add the milk and mix well.
Once the milk starts to bubble, season the corn with pepper and salt.
Stir in the crumbled bacon.