- 2 Cups Pinto Beans, dried
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 28 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Ground Dry Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce, Optional
In a large pot, add the pinto beans. Cover the beans with water ensuring at least 2 inches of water above the beans. Let the beans soak overnight. Drain and rinse well.
In a large pot, sauté the beans, onion, and garlic in the vegetable oil until browned. Add all the remaining ingredients except the salt. Let simmer covered for approximately 2 hours, adding the salt in the last 30 minutes.