- Large eggs – You’ll need some large eggs to hard boil. Hey did you know you can hard boil eggs in your air fryer or the instant pot?
- Elbow macaroni – Is the pasta of my choice for this salad, but feel free to try other small types of pasta, such as small shells, farfalle, rotini, etc.
- Dijon mustard – I love the taste of Dijon in any deviled eggs, but feel free to use just plain yellow mustard if that’s all you have.
- Mayonnaise – Ever make your own mayonnaise? It’s so easy, give it a try with my recipe here, or simply use store bought mayo, either works.
- Pickles – I used dill pickles, but sweet will work just as well.
- Red onion – I love the taste of red onion in this salad, but if all you have is a regular yellow onion, then go ahead and use that.
- Celery – We need some celery for that crunch we love in a good macaroni salad.
- Black olives – I love black olives in this salad, they also add a bit more tang to it.
- Smoked paprika – You can add some in the salad or just sprinkle some paprika over the top of the salad. I used a smoked paprika, but you can use a spicy paprika, or whatever you have in your pantry.
- Chives – Because I always love a little green to garnish my dishes.
- Salt & pepper – You’ll need to season this salad with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cook the pasta. Use the box as a guide and cook according to package instructions. Rinse well with cold water after straining.
- Prepare the eggs. Peel your eggs and cut them in half. Scoop out the yolks and set them aside in a bowl. Chop the whites into pieces.
- Prepare the dressing. Mash the yolks with a fork until smooth. Season them with salt and pepper, then add the mustard and mayo. Stir everything until well combined.
- Assemble the salad. Add the macaroni to a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing, egg whites, the rest of your mix-ins, and paprika. Mix everything until evenly coated in the dressing.
- Garnish and serve. Sprinkle the salad with smoke paprika and chives, then enjoy!