- Hickory smoked bacon
- Onion and garlic
- Chicken broth
- Collard greens
- Apple cider vinegar
Sugar, kosher salt, and black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat for 10-12 minutes (or until almost crisp).
- Add the onion, and sauté until translucent, about 7-8 more minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth, collard greens, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer the pot uncovered over low heat for about 90 minutes, or until the collards reach the desired level of tenderness.