- Grape tomatoes – Cut them each in half! If you don’t have grape tomatoes, you can chop regular size tomatoes.
- Bocconcini – these are small, fresh mozzarella balls that are perfect for a pasta salad like this one. You can find the little fresh mozzarella cheese balls at most grocery stores. If you can’t find bocconcini, you can cut regular fresh mozzarella into bite size pieces.
- Olive oil – I always suggest getting the best olive oil you can! You won’t regret it.
- Balsamic vinegar – Balsamic, tomatoes, and basil…such a great combo!
- Garlic – Fresh garlic adds great flavor to the tomatoes!
- Basil -use fresh basil and not dried. Fresh is the BEST in this salad.
- Dried oregano – I like using dried oregano instead of fresh.
- Crushed red pepper flakes – A dash for a little heat.
- Pasta – Use your favorite kind! I like orecchiette for this recipe. The size is perfect!
- Balsamic glaze – This is for garnish at the end to enhance the balsamic flavor. You can buy balsamic glaze at most grocery stores or you can make your own.
- Start with a large bowl (big enough for all of the ingredients!) and combine the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, half the basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Everything but the pasta!
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to really let all those flavors simmer. If you don’t have time to let the flavors simmer, you can still make the salad, but I think the end results are better when the tomatoes have time to marinate for a bit.
- Cook the pasta to al dente, according to the package instructions. Salt the water generously for the best pasta flavor.
- Drain the pasta, rinse it with cold water, and add it into the large bowl. Stir everything until it’s combined well and add the rest of the basil.
- For finishing touches, drizzle it with a little balsamic glaze and season it with salt and pepper. Amazing! Enjoy!