- Chickpeas – We really love Goya brand for chickpeas, they are well cooked and tender.
- Black beans
- Cucumber – We used English cucumber.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers – You can use any colored bell peppers. The more the colors, prettier it will look.
- Onion – We liked red onion in this salad.
- Olives – We used both regular black and Kalamata olives.
- Herbs – Parsley and mint.
- For Dressing – Extra virgin olive oil + lemon juice + sumac + garlic + salt + pepper + red chili flakes.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and black beans.
- Dice the veggies about same size.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, black beans, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives along with chopped parsley and mint.
- In a jar or cup, mix in all the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad. Mix gently so everything gets coated nicely with zesty dressing. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Wrap it with plastic wrap and leave it aside for 30 minutes before serving.