- 4 medium ears fresh corn
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- First you’ll start out by cutting the corn kernals from the cobs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, season lightly with salt and cook, stirring about every 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the corn to a salad bowl along with avocado, red onion, cotija, cilantro, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder.
- Gently toss it all together then serve right away.