- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, chopped roughly
- 14 ounces tomato, diced
- 14 ounces tomato, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat on the stove-top, add the ground beef, salt, and pepper.
- Thoroughly brown the beef, then remove it from the pot using a slotted spoon.
- Add in the butter, onion, and cabbage, and cook until the onions start to caramelize, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, beef broth, and cooked beef.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook until thoroughly warmed.
- Serve immediately!