FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- For the salad: Heat a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Season generously with salt. Add the green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender, but still have a slight crunch. Drain in a colander and rinse well under cold water until cool. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
- For the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the cooled green beans, cannellini beans, kidney beans, celery, red onion, and parsley to the bowl with the dressing. Toss well to combine and serve.
One thought on “Classic Three Bean Salad”
Hello whitesmokebbq.net owner, You always provide clear explanations and definitions.