- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 1/2 lb. small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the shallots in a large bowl with the vinegar, sugar and salt. Set aside so they pickle slightly while you cook the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by an inch. Season with salt. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and let sit in the colander about 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk the mustard into the shallot mixture. Season with pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream to make a slightly thick dressing. Add the warm potatoes and toss well. Add the parsley and toss again. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.