- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- Line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay a wire rack over the half-sheet pan.
- Spray the wire rack with nonstick spray.
- Mix the brown sugar, the black pepper, and the red pepper flakes together.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture evenly over the bacon on both sides.
- Lay the bacon on the prepared wire rack.
- Place the baking sheet with the wire rack in a cold oven.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, about 20-30 minutes. Keep a close eye on it towards the end of the cooking time so the brown sugar does not burn.
- Allow the bacon to cool for 5 minutes.