- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1/2 c. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 1/2 c. fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c. pimientos, finely chopped
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the corn and onion rings with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 8 minutes for the onion rings and about 10 minutes for the corn. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the lime juice and 3/4 cup cilantro in a blender and pulse until chunky. With the blender running, pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream to make a thick dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the corn off the cobs and roughly chop the onion. Combine in a large bowl with the avocados, tomatoes, beans and pimientos. Roughly chop the remaining 3/4 cup cilantro and add to the bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.