- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds beef roast
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan on the stove-top over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef roast and brown it on all sides.
- Sprinkle the pepper on top, then place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add the dry onion soup mix on top of the roast, and then pour in the mushroom soup.
- Add the water to the pan the meat was browned in.
- Use the whisk to get all the browned bits on the bottom to come up. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve hot.