- 4 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can full fat coconut milk, plus more for garnish
- pepper, for garnish
- In a slow cooker, combine the squash, the onion, the apples, the curry powder, the garlic, the stock, the cayenne pepper, and the salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup directly in the pot until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Serve garnished with the pepper and the extra coconut milk.