- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach leaves, cut in thin strips
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pour the broth into a large saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the stove-top over medium-high heat and bring the broth to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, parmesan, parsley, and basil until blended.
- Reduce the heat on the stove-top to medium-low and gently stir the broth in smooth circular motions with a fork.
- Slowly and gradually pour the egg mixture into the broth as you stir and cook it for 1 minute. Using a fork helps create thin, tender strands of eggs.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.