- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (32-ounce) carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- goat cheese, optional, crumbled, to taste
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the sausage, while crumbling, until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain the excess grease.
- Stir the lentils, the beans, the broth, and the water into the sausage mixture and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes into the soup mixture and cook until they are heated through.
- Transfer the soup away from the heat and stir in the spinach until it has wilted.
- Serve with the goat cheese.
6 thoughts on “Saint Nick Soup”
Good web site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a nice day!
The articles you write help me a lot and I like the topic
You helped me a lot by posting this article and I love what I’m learning.
Dear whitesmokebbq.net webmaster, Thanks for the well-organized and comprehensive post!
Some truly nice and useful information on this internet site, also I conceive the design and style contains fantastic features.
I have been examinating out many of your articles and i can state pretty nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.