- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, optional, freshly shredded
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until the garlic just begins to brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a small plate or bowl.
- Add the green beans to the butter in the skillet, tossing to coat.
- Cook the green beans over medium heat, stirring often, until just beginning to brown slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked garlic and the water to the skillet and cook until the water is evaporated and the green beans are tender-crisp.
- Squeeze the halved lemon over the beans, stirring to incorporate the lemon juice into the beans.
- Season the beans with the salt and the pepper.
- Sprinkle the beans with the parmesan and serve.