- 1 tablespoon oil, neutral-flavored
- 2 pounds pork loin, boneless and cubed
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can golden pork gravy
- 1 (10.25-ounce) beef gravy
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can lager beer
- 1 (14.25-ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces yellow corn tortilla chips, crushed
- jalapeño, sliced, optional, for topping
- cheddar cheese, shredded, optional, for topping
- sour cream, optional, for topping
- In a large skillet on the stovetop, heat the oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering hot, add the pork loin, beef stew meat, and onion.
- Brown the meat and onion, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the meat, onion, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Add the bacon, chili powder, pork gravy, beef gravy, tomato sauce, beer, tomatoes and green chiles, kidney beans, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add the tortilla chips and cook until the chips have been incorporated into the chili, about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Serve hot with your preferred toppings!
2 thoughts on “Route 66 Chili”
Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you¦ve on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What a perfect site.
You are a very intelligent person!