- 1 medium sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 (7-ounce) jars sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 pounds extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, optional, to taste
- butter crackers, to taste
- In a food processor, puree the onion and the pimientos until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- In a bowl, combine the onion mixture, the cheese, and the mayonnaise.
- Season the pimiento cheese mixture with the salt and the pepper.
- Add the hot sauce to the pimiento cheese mixture.
- Cover the pimiento cheese and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Serve with the crackers.