- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons honey (or pure maple syrup or agave, if vegan)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- optional: up to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, turmeric, & cayenne to a bowl or jar. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt & ground black pepper as desired. Whisk or shake to combine.
One thought on “Shawarma Marinade”
I’m curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest website and I’d like to find something more safe. Do you have any solutions?