- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, divided
- 8 pieces chicken, thighs, drumsticks, or a mixture of both
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, plus extra sprigs for finishing
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped, plus extra sprigs for finishing
- In a food processor or blender, process the garlic, the balsamic vinegar, the olive oil, the soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of the cranberries until smooth.
- In large, resealable plastic bags, place the chicken and the cranberry marinade.
- Close the bags and refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large, oven-safe skillet with nonstick spray.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet, skin-side down, reserving the marinade.
- Season the chicken with the salt, the pepper, the thyme, and the rosemary.
- Sprinkle the remaining cranberries around the pan.
- Roast the chicken until the skin begins to brown and the meat is nearly cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and brush each piece generously with the reserved marinade.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the chicken until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
One thought on “Cranberry Chicken Thighs”
Hello whitesmokebbq.net admin, Thanks for the well written post!