- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 2/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1 (6-ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar
- whole mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- green onions, optional, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, combine the cream of mushroom soup, the cream of celery soup, the milk, the green onions, the celery, the garlic, the Worcestershire sauce, and the hot pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the shrimp, the crab, and the mushrooms.
- Simmer the soup, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir the wine, the salt, and the pepper into the soup and cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Top the soup with the onions.
2 thoughts on “Coastal Grandma Chowder”
Hello whitesmokebbq.net administrator, Your posts are always well-formatted and easy to read.
Way cool, some valid points! I appreciate you making this article available, the rest of the site is also high quality. Have a fun.