- 1 lb. skirt steak, fat trimmed
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 6 c. baby arugula
- 2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. crumbled blue cheese or feta
- In a large resealable plastic bag or baking dish, combine steak, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. Marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Remove steak from marinate, coat with vegetable oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill until desired doneness, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salad: In a large serving bowl, add arugula, peaches, blue cheese or feta, and steak. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss.