- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 12 oz. okra, stems removed, sliced into 1/2″ thick rounds
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and peppers. Pour buttermilk into a medium bowl.
- Working in batches, toss okra in buttermilk, stirring to coat, then toss in flour mixture, making sure okra is well coated.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add just enough oil to coat bottom of pan. When oil is hot, work in batches and add okra, making sure to not overcrowd the pan. Fry 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to make sure all sides are golden and fried. Drain on prepared baking sheet. Add more oil between batches, as necessary.
One thought on “Fried Okra”
Great write-up, I¦m normal visitor of one¦s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.