- 9 tablespoons butter, divided, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta® cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a rapid boil.
- Add the macaroni and the oil to the boiling water and cook until the macaroni is somewhat tender but not quite al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well then return it to the pot.
- Melt 8 tablespoons of the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir the melted butter into the macaroni.
- In a small bowl, combine the muenster cheese, the shredded mild cheddar cheese, the shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese mixture, the half-and-half, the cubed Velveeta® cheese, the eggs, the seasoned salt, and the pepper.
- Transfer the macaroni mixture to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese mixture.
- Dot the macaroni with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
2 thoughts on “Mac and Cheese”
Dear whitesmokebbq.net admin, Nice post!
Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading it, especially because it addressed my problem. It helped me a lot and I hope it will help others too.