- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2.5 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 c. chopped bread and butter pickles, plus 2 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- Smoked or sweet paprika, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add water to cover by at least 2”. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a colander set over a bowl.
- While the potatoes cool, return the water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and boil over medium heat until just hard boiled, about 10 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, prepare an ice bath.
- Transfer the hard-boiled eggs to the ice bath to cool. Peel, then dice eggs into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pickle juice, and cayenne until smooth. Add the chopped pickles, onion, celery, potatoes, and diced eggs. Season with 1 ½ teaspoon salt and fold to combine. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with paprika and parsley.