For the cake:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package of lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package of instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (10-ounce) can of frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, grated
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, margarita mix, eggs, butter, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and the lime zest.
- With a stand mixer or a hand-held electric mixer, beat the mixture on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely, about 10-20 minutes.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and the remaining lime juice together into a glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.