For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar or honey, depending on sweetness preference
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4-6 ounces Genoa salami, thinly sliced and halved or julienned
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata, pitted and sliced or black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shaved or shredded
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic, mustard, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a food processor using the slicing attachment or using a knife, pulse or slice the Brussels sprouts until they are thinly sliced. Place the thinly sliced Brussels into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced Brussels and use tongs to toss and coat them in the dressing.
- Allow the Brussels to sit in the dressing marinade for about 30 minutes.
- While the Brussels are marinating, chop and prep the remaining salad ingredients.
- Add the chickpeas, salami, tomatoes, kalamata, pepperoncini, red onion, provolone cheese, and parmesan to the marinated Brussels. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with more pepper, to taste.