For the shrimp:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded, sweetened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- In a shallow bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and coconut.
- In a third shallow bowl, place the eggs.
- Dip the shrimp, one at a time, in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the coconut bread crumb mixture.
- Place all of the shrimp in the basket of an air fryer and heat to 400 degrees F. Work in batches if necessary.
- Cook the shrimp until they are golden and cooked through at 145 degrees F, about 5-6 minutes. Keep a close eye on them, because the shrimp can start to burn if left in too long.
- While the shrimp are cooking, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, and Thai sweet chili sauce.
- Serve the shrimp with the dipping sauce