- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups whole-wheat egg noodles
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- In a 6-quart stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the celery, the carrots, and the onion to the oil and cook, stirring, until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth, the basil, and the pepper to the veggies and bring it to a boil
- Stir the noodles into the soup and cook until they have reached al dente according to the package directions.
- Stir the chicken and the parsley into the soup and cook until the chicken is heated through.