- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Beat the cake mix into the cream cheese mixture until just combined.
- Chill the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each of the balls in the powdered sugar until they are evenly coated.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet and bake until the cookies are set but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.