- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons, softened and divided
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 2 pounds medium Key West pink shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 small spiny lobster tails, meat removed from shell and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the softened butter with the hot pepper sauce and the Key lime juice.
- Cover the Key lime juice mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the remaining butter.
- Stir the shrimp and the lobster tails into the melted butter.
- Cook and stir the seafood mixture until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir the mushrooms, the garlic, and the white wine into the seafood mixture.
- Continue to cook and stir the seafood mixture until the mushrooms have released their liquid and are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet away from the heat.
- Stir the chilled Key lime juice mixture into the seafood mixture until melted.