- 4 (6 ounce) filet mignon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Allow steak to sit out on the counter for about 30 minutes, bringing it to room temperature.
- Place it on a cutting board and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until just before the smoking point.
- Add the steak until very seared, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the steak over and add the butter and rosemary.
- Baste with butter and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for medium. Check every couple of minutes so you don’t risk overcooking.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes, and serve!