- 8 thick slices soft white bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more as needed, melted
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread slices.
- Add an even amount of the cheese onto each flattened slice, leaving a small strip at the end to brush with the butter.
- Tightly but carefully roll-up each slice to the empty strip of space on the bread.
- Brush the empty strips with the butter and roll the slices shut.
- Brush the rolls all over with the butter.
- Add the rolls to a dry pan, seam-side down, over medium-low heat.
- Grill the rolls, frequently turning them with tongs, until they are golden all over and the cheese starts to leak out, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.